Ultimate Glutathione contains four natural agents shown to boost glutathione levels
Why is this important?
- Glutathione is considered to be the most important cellular water-soluble antioxidant.
- Glutathione levels decline with age, allowing more free radical damage to accumulate, which harms our cells, ages our body and causes genetic mutations.
- Glutathione depletion and polymorphism are also shown to contribute to the development of Parkinson’s disease and other neurodegenerative conditions.
- Glutathione is also a key detoxification (conjugating) agent in phase II detoxification reactions that occur in the liver, skin, intestinal and kidney cells. The age-related depletion in glutathione impairs the body’s ability to remove dangerous substances from the body. Various medications also deplete glutathione (most notably acetaminophen), which increase risk of liver damage and liver failure. (Acetaminophen use is the leading cause of drug-induced liver failure in this part of the world – because it depletes glutathione)
- Because glutathione is not absorbed from the gut, studies show that the way to raise glutathione in the body is by supplementing with natural agents shown to increase glutathione synthesis. These four natural agents include: N-acetylcysteine, Alpha-lipoic acid, L-Glutamine and Milk Thistle (standardized to 80 % Silymarin Flavonoid Content)
All Four of these Natural Glutathione-Raising Agents Are Found in Adeeva Ultimate GLX. In addition to supporting glutathione synthesis, these natural agents have other independent health effects of great importance, some of which include:
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid – this compound also declines with age and is required for energy production (co-factor for pyruvate dehydrogenase), in virtually all body cells. The decline in energy many people feel as they age is due to the decline in alpha-lipoic acid. Alpha-Lipoic acid (like melatonin) is a water-soluble and fat-soluble antioxidant. As such, it also works with CoQ10 to help prevent damage to the mitochondrial membrane, which reduces mitochondrial damage, dysfunction and supports mitochondrial renewal (biogenesis) – a key factor in longevity and healthy life expectancy.
- N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) – this compound also acts as an antioxidant and NAC supplementation has been shown to be helpful most notably in polycystic ovarian disease and Parkinson’s disease. NAC has also been shown to help remove heavy metals from the body, due to its high sulfur content.
- L-Glutamine – supplementation with this compound has been shown to reduce upper respiratory tract infections in endurance athletes, as L-glutamine is critical for energy production in immune cells (endurance exercise depletes L-glutamine levels). Supplementation with L-glutamine has also been shown to heal the intestinal lining in many gut-related conditions, as it is a primary fuel for intestinal lining cells (intestinal epithelial cells).
- Silymarin – this compound has also been shown to strengthen the body’s immune system and supplementation with Silymarin (from Milk thistle) has saved the lives of individuals who inadvertently ate poisonous, liver-damaging mushrooms (due to its ability to raise liver glutathione levels and help repair damage to liver cells).
The Bottom Line:
Anyone who is over the age of 45 should consider taking Adeeva Ultimate GLX to prevent the age-related decline in glutathione and alpha-lipoic acid in their cells. Individuals with various liver conditions, those taking more two or more medications daily, and/or taking acetaminophen regularly, those wanting to remove some heavy metals from their body each day and individuals with other health conditions mentioned above should speak to a qualified health care professional about the use of Ultimate GLX in their case.
Here is a link to Dr. Meschino’s most recent webinar on this subject, which includes all relevant scientific references:
Dr. James Meschino
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. James Meschino, DC, MS, ROHP, is an educator, author, and researcher having lectured to thousands of healthcare professionals across North America. He holds a Master’s Degree in Science with specialties in human nutrition and biology and is recognized as an expert in the field of nutrition, anti-aging, fitness, and wellness as well as the author of numerous books.